Friday 24 February 2012

Fashion Snobs- Rant Alert


It's London Fashion Week so I have the perfect excuse to rant about something that's been irritating me for a while-Fashion Snobs. You've seen them around. They are the girls (and occasionally boys) who constantly refer to others as ghetto/basic/cheap for wearing the same crap as them. Wait, I forgot they're OK because they've studied a fashion related course or made coffee at a "star-studded" event.

It really saddens me that just because some of you have wiped a models arse you feel the need to put other people down. You reinforce beauty standards you don't fulfil yourself- lets face it the girls in Vogue don't look like you. I knew someone who was so insecure she was offended by another girl wearing the same creepers as her. They had both bought them from the same high street store despite the fact my acquaintance had told us they were vintage. Just because the other girl looked better she was "trying too hard"

Clothes and Fashion should be fun. Not something you use to beat people around the head with. I don't know much about the industry but there's a darker side it. It's not just female insecurities that are exploited but models too. Watch Picture Me a doc made by Sara Ziff if you don't believe me.


To quote Cady from Mean Girls "Calling someone fat won't make you thinner"

It's cheesy but true.

Disclaimer: If this post is about you we've already had a conversation about it so please don't get all paranoid

No comments:

Post a Comment