Tuesday 21 February 2012

Blur

Blur performed at the Brit Awards 2012 and reminded me just how much I used to hate Brit Pop. 1995 was the year, Brit Pop was at its height and all I wanted to do was watch Mary J Blige on Top Of The Pops with my cool older sister but instead got non-stop Blur and/or Oasis. I know guys, it's hard to believe RnB wasn't always as mainstream as it is now but if you wanted to see Keith Sweat on TV and you didn't have cable, you'd have to wait until Flava came on Channel Four in the middle of the night in 1999!

At secondary school I started to appreciate indie music I loved this solo single from Graham Coxon


And just because I like to be different I'm not going to post Song 2. I still can't believe the Coffee and TV video makes me cry over a milk carton!




1 comment:

  1. I only really like some brit pop because it's nostalgic feel. But the best music from the 90's was house/dance and RnB

    ReplyDelete