Monday 10 January 2011

January Blues


I hate January. It's depressing and after stuffing my face for almost two weeks the adverts for Special K and gym memberships popping up all over the place seem almost obscene . The parties and festive fun have now been replaced with work and/or exam season and the next bank holiday (Easter) feels a long way away. I shudder at the prospect of more snow which I fear will push me over the edge. But I like to think of myself as a glass half full kind of girl so to cheer myself up I'm casting my mind back to the summer of 2007 when I was sitting on a beach, Puerto Escondido, Mexico to be precise, sipping mojitos.

This was the summer I also went to Camp USA. At the time I had twists in my hair and I remember one of my fellow counsellors noting a resemblance between Whoopi Goldberg and myself. I'm pretty sure he was paying me a compliment but I can't say I was pleased. Does that make me a bad person?

3 comments:

  1. No it doesn't! I mean I love Whoopi as much as the next person but how is anybody supposed to take a resemblance to her as a compliment?

    Amen to the January blues. I like to cast my mind back to the beach at Cape Coast when I'm feeling down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't feel bad about the Whoopi thing. I got told I look like Missy Elliot once - I wished I had a shot gun in my hand!

    Anyway, I really do feel you about the January blues - summer feels like an eternity away!

    ReplyDelete