Thursday 17 June 2010

Young, Educated and Jobless

Like many of my peers I have been studying since the age of four up until twenty one. Since I have returned from my fantastic working holiday in Malta I have been bombarded with questions like “So what are you doing now?” to which I reply I have absolutely no idea. I thank God I have a degree in the health sciences so I know I will always have something to fall back on because I doubt people will stop getting sick anytime soon. However I think we are all facing up to the cold reality that our teachers lied to us. They said you were nothing without a piece of paper and pictures of you in a silly hat, but now we realise we lack something more important EXPERIENCE. And I intend to get it. It’s strange not being told what to do by lecturers, teachers or textbooks but it’s time to grow up and literally get a life.

2 comments: