Sunday 9 May 2010

Politics

Politics in the UK is complicated. But this year I am so glad many young people I know got off their arses and went out to vote. It’s so important we as young people have our say because the previous generation has done enough damage thank you very much. The immergence of a hung parliament in the U.K shows just how important it is to exercise your right to vote. I am still in shock that despite an unpopular Prime Minister and government, the Conservatives did not win with a majority. I guess its better the devil you know.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you about people getting out to vote. Typically the student demographic are least likely to vote but not this year! And overall turnout rose from 61 to 64%. I do not like this new government but I love that everyone is more aware of the politics that affects them.

    ReplyDelete