Tuesday 4 May 2010

Facebook part 2

It annoys me when people join groups on facebook but cannot be bothered to click on them to find out what they are about. One of my “friends” on facebook (and I use the term loosely as we are barely acquaintances in real life) recently joined a group called “Why are black girls so loud”. The subsequent conversation when like this:

Me- Do you actually know any black girls?

Her- Yes my best friends are black, so is 70% of my school.

Me- Do you know any loud white girls?, maybe you should join a facebook group about that.

I know this group isn’t a big deal but I am so sick of stereotypes about black women. We simply are not all the same.I just went really off topic. But a good rant makes us all feel better.

2 comments:

  1. that is so true looool i had a friend who joined a group complaining about immigration that turned out to be a bnp group,and she had no idea as u never bothered to read what the group was about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I can say is silly people do silly things! Espeicially the one who joined the BNP group(@Bee)!

    I understand the rant Sandy, it's so frustrating and it's a constant battle for black women because of the view perpetuated by silly groups like that!

    ReplyDelete